Test your dental IQ with this short quiz. Good luck!
1. How many primary (baby) teeth are there?
A) 10 B) 18 C) 20 D) 24
2. How many permanent teeth are there?
A) 20 B) 24 C) 30 D) 32
3. The 6 month recall interval was invented during a dental convention in Boston, MA. T/F
4. Which permanent tooth does NOT replace a primary tooth?
A) first molar B) second premolar C) canine D) lateral incisor
5. Which tooth is most likely to decay?
A) first molar B) first premolar C) lateral incisor D) central incisor
6. Which tooth has the longest crown (visible part)?
A) upper second molar B) lower first molar C) upper premolar D) upper central incisor
7. What is NOT a common tongue condition?
A) hairy tongue B) geographic tongue C) peculiar tongue
8. Which is the first tooth that a child is expected to lose?
A) lower incisor B) upper canine C) lower molar D) upper molar
9. Before toothbrushes, people cleaned their teeth with_______.
A) twigs B) bird feathers C) porcupine quills D) all of these
10. Who founded the first US dental school?
A) John M. Harris B) Mayan rulers C) Sean P. Murphy D) C. S. Lewis
Answers: 1-C, 2-D, 3-F, 4-A, 5-A, 6-D, 7-C, 8-A, 9-D, 10-A