Most of my patients understand that poor oral hygiene may lead to cavities, but are not aware of the more serious health consequences. Many recent studies have found links between oral health and overall health.
Below is a list of disease that are associated with poor oral health:
- Oral Health and Diabetes.
- Oral Health and Heart Disease.
- Gum Disease and Pregnancy Complications.
- Gum Disease and Pneumonia.
- Gum Disease and Pancreatic Cancer.
It is important to visit the Northeast Dental Team every 6 months for a routine checkup and cleaning!