Flu season is here, and many people have been plagued by the symptoms-nausea, tiredness, and a host of other issues. A common concern is, “I just got over the flu. Do I need to throw away my toothbrush?” My answer is usually, “It couldn’t hurt.” The reality is that most bacteria on a toothbrush will die in the presence of oxygen. So, you can take care of most bacteria by just letting your toothbrush air dry. Still, replacing your toothbrush after you’ve had the flu is a good way to make sure that any lingering bacteria don’t get passed on to your family (if you store all your toothbrushes together). Another option would be to put each family member’s toothbrush in a separate container or holder.